An interventional pulmonologist, Dr. Jose Antony P. Paul specializes in lung cancer, airway disorders and pleural effusions. He is particularly interested in advancing non-surgical ways to diagnose and treat cancers that occur in the chest.
He enjoys building relationships with his patients and positively impacting their quality of life.
His specialized training in the field of interventional pulmonology helps him deliver the optimal minimally invasive procedures to manage lung and pleural pathology. He performs flexible and rigid bronchoscopies, airway stent placements, endobronchial ultrasonography, cryotherapy, bronchoscopic lung volume reduction in emphysema/COPD and pleuroscopy.
In his spare time, Dr. Paul enjoys trekking and traveling.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, India
- Master of Science, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI
- Residency, Internal Medicine, St. John’s Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship, Pulmonary Medicine, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL
- Fellowship, Critical Care, Mercy Hospital – St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- Fellowship, Interventional Pulmonology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
Certifications & Affiliations
- Diplomate, Neurocritical Care, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, Critical Care Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, Pulmonary Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Member, American Association for Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology
- Member, American College of Chest Physicians
- Member, American Thoracic Society
- Member, Indian Medical Council
- Interventional pulmonary medicine which focuses on minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures of the lung and pleura
- Critical Care Medicine: Inpatient care for critically ill patients
Northside Provider Directory Details
View Dr. Jose Antony P. Paul's profile in the Northside Hospital Physician Directory