Dr. Jason Krahnke provides expert patient-centered care in the areas of pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine to patients in Cherokee county and neighboring regions. He enjoys educating patients and encourages them to play an active role in their
medical care. Dr. Krahnke specializes in the evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders and pulmonary diseases, critical care services, and the interpretation of sleep studies and pulmonary function tests. His clinical interests include COPD, asthma,
interstitial lung disease, pulmonary fibrosis, obstructive sleep apnea, obesity hypoventilation syndrome, idiopathic hypersomnia, narcolepsy and insomnia.
Education & Training
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA Residency, Internal Medicine, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia,
PA Fellowship, Sleep Medicine, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
Certifications & Affiliations
Board Certified, Pulmonary, Critical Care, Internal and Sleep Medicine American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Krahnke JS, Skoner DP. Benefit and Risk Management for Steroid Treatment in Upper Airway Diseases. Current Allergy and Asthma Reports 2002; Nov 2(6):507-12. Review
- Krahnke JS, Gentile DA, Cordoro KM, Angelini BL, Cohen SA, Doyle WJ, Skoner DP. Comparison of Subject-reported allergy versus skin test results in a common cold trial. Am J Rhinol. 2003; May-Jun; 17 (3):159-62.
- Krahnke J, Gentile D, Angelini B, Danzig M, Skoner D. Comparison of objective and subjective measurements of cough frequency in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2004; Sep;93(3):259-64.
- Robinison JD, Angelini BL, Krahnke JS, and Skoner DP. Inhaled steroids and the risk of adrenal suppression in children. Expert Opin. Drug Saf. 2002; 1(3):237-244.
- Kim V, Garfield JL, Grabianowski CL, Krahnke JS, Gaughan JP, Jacobs MR, Criner GJ. The effect of chronic sputum production on respiratory symptoms in severe COPD. COPD. 2011; April 8(2): 114-20.
- Ramos FL, Krahnke JS, Kim V. Clinical issues of mucus accumulation in COPD. International Journal of COPD. 2014; 9: 139-150.
- Galli JA, Krahnke JS, James Mamary A, Shenoy K, Zhao H, Criner GJ. Home non-invasive ventilation use following hypercapnic respiratory failure in COPD. Respir Med. 2014; Mar 20: Epub
- Krahnke JS, Abraham WT, Adamson PB, Bourge RC, Bauman J, Ginn G, Martinez FJ, Criner GJ for the CHAMPION Trial Study Group. J Card Fail. 2014 Dec 22: Epub
- Desai P, Krahnke J, Mamary AJ. Wheezing and Eosinophilia in a 24-year-old man [internet]. New York: American Thoracic Society; 2010.
Northside Provider Directory Details
View Dr. Jason Krahnke's profile in the Northside Hospital Physician Directory