Akhil Vallabhaneni, M.D., MS
PULMONARY, CRITICAL CARE & INTERNAL MEDICINE
Dr. Akhil Vallabhaneni is a triple board certified physician in Pulmonology, Internal Medicine & Critical Care Medicine. His special clinical interests include management of patients with lung nodules & lung cancer. He performs minimally invasive thoracic procedures such as Endo Bronchial Ultra Sound (EBUS) & placement of tunneled indwelling pleural catheters to help this patient population. He is also able to treat many routine outpatient pulmonary and sleep disorders.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Medicine, Rajiv Gandhi University, M.S. Ramaiah Medical Hospital Bangalore, India
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Towson, MD
- Masters, Clinical Research, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA
- Fellowship, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine, Pennsylvania State University Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA.
Certifications and Affiliations
- Board Certified, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Internal Medicine
- Member, American Association for Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology
- Member, American College of Chest Physicians
- Member, American Thoracic Society
- Member, Indian Medical Council
- Medical Director, Adult Bronchoscopy Service, Providence Medford Medical Center Medford, OR
- Medical Director, Critical Care Services, Providence Medford Medical Center Medford, OR
- Northside Hospital – Cherokee
- Metastatic primary airway adenoid cystic carcinoma; American Journal of Respiratory and Critical care Medicine, 2010 – American Thoracic Society; Akhil Vallabhaneni and Jennifer W. Toth.
- 14-hour shift schedule for medical ICU interns; Chest, December 2006 vol. 130 no. 6; 1947-1948. Akhil Vallabhaneni, Dhruv Gadhia, Paul Foster, Mitchell Schwartz, and Michele Demusis.
- Misdiagnosed primary pulmonary angiosarcoma; Akhil Vallabhaneni, Margaret Wojnar, Chest meeting, 2009.
- Vancomycin induced DRESS syndrome; Akhil Vallabhaneni, American Journal of Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine, 2010.